Terms & Conditions
Description and Availability of Goods
Every effort has been taken to ensure our descriptions, photographs and specifications of products are correct. The colour of the goods may vary slightly from that shown on the website due to the limitations of some browsers and monitors.
Any sizes, weights or other dimensions of the products are approximate.
Some of our items are hand-made and as such there may be slight variations in these particular items.
In the unlikely event that we are unable to supply any items, we will inform you of this as soon as possible.
We do not currently ship to addresses outside of the United Kingdom or British Islands.
Wherever possible we recycle our suppliers packaging materials and use biodegradable fill. This allows us to keep our postage prices as low as possible.
Making a Purchase
Making a purchase could not be easier. Just browse our store, and add any items that you wish to buy into the shopping cart then click on 'Checkout' when you have finished and you will be asked for a few details that we need to be able to complete the order.
We accept credit card payment via PAYPAL. You can pay with your credit card through the PayPal site whether or not you have an account, and it's quite easy to set up. Personal cheques are also accepted, but orders cannot be shipped until your cheque clears. Also, items paid by PayPal eChecks will not ship until PayPal clears the funds (usually this takes 4-6 days. We do not charge for any item until it is ready to ship. Back ordered items are not charged until they are shipped. If you prefer, you can send a cheque or postal order. Please post your order, including postage, to the following address. Down To Earth, 4 The Craft Centre, St. Mary’s Street, Whitchurch, Shropshire SY13 1QY Please make cheques payable to Down To Earth.
What forms of payment do you accept?
We gladly accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, or regular account payments all through PayPal. How secure is this store? This store uses PayPal for payments, and PayPal automatically encrypts your confidential information in transit from your computer to ours using the Secure Sockets Layer protocol (SSL) with an encryption key length of 128-bits (the highest level commercially available). Do I need a PayPal account to purchase from this store? No, you are not required to have a PayPal account to purchase from this store. Although if you already have a PayPal account you may use it.
You don't need a PayPal account to pay using a credit or debit card
Simply click on the PayPal Buy Now button to start your purchase and then follow the option on the PayPal checkout under 'Don't have a PayPal account'. Enter your billing information and PayPal will process your credit or debit card payment.
Do not have a PayPal account
Use your credit card or bank account (where available). ContinueNo contract will exist between you and Down To Earth for the sale by it to you of any product unless and until Down To Earth accepts your order. The contact is only binding when we ship the goods ordered to you.
In the event that an incorrect price is shown on our website, Down To Earth reserves the right to abstain from fulfilling the order at that price. The customer will be notified by email informing them of the correct price, and given the choice to proceed with the order.
Should an item be out of stock we will contact you with an estimated delivery date and give you the option to cancel the order.
Pricing and VAT
All prices quoted are in British Pounds Sterling
Product prices do not include delivery. The total cost of your order is the price of the products ordered plus the delivery charge.
Down To Earth is not VAT registered.
Returns, Exchanges and Cancellation
We believe you will be delighted with your purchase from Down To Earth, however we do understand that there may be occasions when you wish to return an item. If you are unhappy with a product for any reason please contact us immediately.
We will arrange to exchange or refund the goods once they are returned in perfect condition, unused and with their original packaging. We will require you to pay for the return postage of any items being returned and, for your own protection, we recommend you use a secure delivery method which requires a signature upon delivery.
The above terms do not affect your Statutory Rights. English Law applies to all purchases.
If the goods arrive damaged please advise us immediately by email or telephone to arrange return and refund or replacement of the items.
Refunds for the return of damaged goods and reimbursement of the cost of postage will be made to the credit/debit card account used to purchase the items.
Your rights to return goods are protected under the EU Distance Selling Directive which can be found at http://www.hmso.gov.uk/si/si2000/20002334.htm
If you have any complaints with our services or products please contact us as soon as possible. We will make every effort to rectify the situation for you.
By phone 01947 667712 Tuesday – Saturday 10.00 am – 4.30 pm
Down To Earth, 4 The Craft Centre, St. Mary’s Street, Whitchurch, Shropshire. SY13 1QY
Website usage terms and conditions
The term 'Down To Earth' or 'us' or 'we' refers to the owner of the website. The term 'you' refers to the user or viewer of our website.
· The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
· Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
· Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
· This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
· All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
· Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
· From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
· You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without Down To Earth's prior written consent.
· Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Scotland and Wales. Website disclaimer
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Down To Earth and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of Down To Earth. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Down To Earth takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
This website and its content is copyright of Down To Earth - © [Down To Earth 2010]. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
· you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
· you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
use of our site with sites like Pinterest
Down To Earth Gift do not grant any license to copy, paste or pin any images on to pin board sites such as Pinterest as in some cases the images used on our site are used herein only with the permission of the suppliers and providers of the product images for the sole purpose of promoting and reselling products via Down To Earth Gift and it's web site. In these instances the copyright of images remains with the original source or photographer with no extension to the license granted to us to allow us to permit further use outside of our site or company. You should always make sure you have permission from the original copyright holder of an image before using or pinning an image. Down To Earth Gift cannot be held liable for any breach of copyright should you choose to ignore an image creators copyright terms. You and you alone are fully responsible for any such actions.